Do you have frozen pipes?
Having proper insulation on pipes in commercial places is essential to a business. Since water expands when frozen, this can lead to serious damage when pipes burst. These are a couple of ways to tell if your pipes are frozen:
- Pipes Covered in ice:
- Most noticeably, exposed pipes covered in ice are likely frozen.
- Low water pressure:
- Expanding water (when solidifying into ice) will cause low water pressure and can cause ruptures in piping when the pressure at a blockage is too high.
- Unusual sounds from pipes:
- Temperature changes in the pipes will cause bending and eventually burst, if you hear strange sounds, call a professional immediately.
What can be done about frozen pipes?
There are several steps you can take before calling a certified professional, however, care needs to be taken, as improper thawing can still cause ruptures due to drastic changes in temperatures inside piping.
- Apply Heat
- The most common way t do this is by using a hair dryer, space heater or warm towels.
- Keep water pressure on while thawing
- The warm pipes along with running water will cause the ice to break into pieces small enough to pass through the pipes till a good temperature is reached.
Why All Rooter Plumbing?
- 24/7 Support
- Friendly, honest service
- Well informed professionals
- Licensed, Bonded and Insured
- Guaranteed Workmanship